Monday, July 25, 2011

the general conundrum

I'm not sure anymore that things are going to get better, not just for me but for the entire world. I want to retain my childlike sense of naivety, but it's getting harder and harder. When food becomes something you need but don't have, that is a great big public broadcast announcement. When people all over are living in fear of loosing it all, when religion has become an excuse to condemn rather than help, when people are trying to convince parents that their children don't need an education unless they can afford to pay for one...the general population moral compass has hit polar north and is just spinning in circles. I try to keep my posts upbeat because it helps me to be upbeat, but it's a hard reality to face that all the things you grew up with could disappear in a second. I am done for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment